Some of 2nd year Social Subjects classes are investigating the life of Olaudah Equiano to help them understand the history of the Translatlantic slave trade.
Each group of four is investigating one of six questions and creating a presentation to help them report back on their research:
- What was the Atlantic Slave Trade?
- What happened to captured Africans?
- What were conditions like for slaves in America or the Caribbean?
- What happened to escaped slaves?
- How was Scotland involved in the slave trade?
- How did people campaign against slavery?