1st year Science classes have been investigating Scotland’s contribution to science.
First we looked closely at an image of a famous scientist: were there any clues in the picture?
- what could you see in the photo?
- what did the person look like?
- what could you see in the background?
- what kind of picture was it?
- why did this person have his picture taken at all?
- was he grumpy or serious or bored?
- what clues tell us when it was taken?
Most classes managed to figure out who it was – sorry, not telling you so we can use it again next year 🙂 – but after that, each class split into pairs and started to investigate their own scientist.