For the past couple of months, Mrs Jeffrey’s 3rd year English class have been working on book trailers. Some groups chose to create a trailer for a book from this year’s Catalyst Longlist, which others preferred to work on a trailer for To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee, a novel they’d been studying in class.
I don’t think the class realised just how much work was going to be involved when we started, but over the past weeks, they’ve had to get used to:
- camera angles
- taking photographs
- iMovie software
- Garageband software
- visual effects
- sound effects
- copyright free music
- getting permission to use non-copyright free material
- creating credits
- lots of lots and lots of editing to pull it all together
- and how not to have a meltdown when the video seems to have vanished completely.
Meanwhile, Mrs Macfadyen and Mrs Jeffrey have become familiar with:
- camera juggling
- black bin bag backgrounds
- online iMovie help
- online Garagebank help
- getting advice from iMovie Guru Steinert
- locating videos
- keeping pupils from having a meltdown when their video seems to have vanished completely
Check out their work below.